American Teacher Available

jason.overs

American Teacher Available

Postby jason.overs » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:09 am

Jason Overs
Phone: 14773204113 or 13590282087
Email: jason.overs@yahoo.com

To Whom It May Concern,
My name is Jason Overs. I am 40 years old. I have been an educator both full time and as a substitute for the past 16 years. I have over 16 years of classroom experience. I have a Bachelors degree in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations. I minored in Political Science. I have an English and ESL education credential teaching license from California that expired August 2013 while I was in China.. I want an opportunity to find out more. My salary is negotiable. The following is a summary of what I have done as an educator.
Currently, I live in Xiangtan City, Hunan with my Chinese wife. We have a baby due this December. It’s not easy to find a job here. We are considering returning to Shenzhen or moving to a city that can satisfy our requirements. Recently I was working for Shenzhen Oriental English College in Hourui near Shenzhen Airport. I taught Chemistry, Biology and IELTS. When I was hired we agreed that my business visa was satisfactory, however after 3 months they insisted I get the z visa. Since we are married, my wife and I have decided that the z visa has too many restrictions over our freedom. I am hoping to find a school that will allow me to work with my family Q1 visa.
Prior to that, I worked for CERNET at Shiyan Public Schools also in Shenzhen. I taught Biology, Physics and American Social Studies for the International Pathways Program (IPP). However I was working there with only on a handshake agreement. I did not have a contract and we could not agree on some issues so I had to resign in order to find a more credible position.
Previously, I taught 7th grade at Xinhu Middle School in Shenzhen for the 2013-2014 school year. I taught listening and speaking to over 700 students in 14 classes weekly. I also started an E-Friend program for the students to meet other students from America. I had over 50% participation in this program. If you would like to speak to a couple of the Chinese English teachers from Xinhu Middle School to verify my skills and quality of teaching please feel free to ask for their contact information.
Over the past 15 years I worked in Los Angeles, South Korea, Saudi Arabia and China. I enjoy the classroom environment and students. Before I taught abroad, I worked for Personal Coaching Systems as a full time Special Education teacher. I also substituted for the Los Angeles Unified School District, Teachers on Reserve and the and the Los Angeles County Office of Education from 2001-2010. I have worked with every population of education; Honors, College Prep Classes, all levels of Special Education, at risk youth, Juvenile Halls, Camps and ESL. I can teach most subjects. I teach TEFL, TOEFL, SAT, and AP lessons as well.

Attachments
picture_to_send_small_0[1].jpg
picture_to_send_small_0[1].jpg (22.54 KiB) Viewed 631 times

Re: American Teacher Available

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:55 pm

I'll pay you 15 grand a month- you seem classy. Still available fatboy?

Return to “Looking for Job”